|I think he ate a bite here, and the rest was PLAYTIME!|
One evening, I threw my hands in the air in frustration after he refused to eat yet again. "Your turn!" I tell my husband.
And then? I watched in awe as he successfully got Caleb to eat a bite. I took careful notes of his method, and my internal thought process:
- Sit down to feed baby (Ok, I have this part down).
- Lean to the right. (Wondering where he's going with this? A special dance, maybe?)
- Rip a deafening, award-winning caliber fart. (Oh.)
- Out of a mixture of fear, awe and pure shock, baby's jaw will drop to the floor. (Poor kid).
- Shove spoonful of food into baby's mouth. (Sweet baby Jesus, I can't believe that worked).
Daddies certainly have their own style, but they get things done.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to duplicate his method, but I will diligently keep trying.